Rethymnian history, culture, local products and people, will have the opportunity to go to Strasbourg from October 22nd till 28th, 2012
At the end of the tourist season the city of Strasbourg will have the opportunity to open a window on Rethymno, on our people, history, culture, tradition and local agricultural products, the best things we produce! A unique exhibition that will be held for seven days in Strasbourg to explore Crete and promote Rethymno as a destination to the French market.
The city of the European Parliament, the Council of Europe, the European Court of Human Rights and the city of fairy tales will host a week devoted to the Municipality of Rethymno.
Stransbourg, located at the borders between France and Germany and with a population of 500,000 people, is a melting pot of both French and German culture, thus becoming World Heritage of Unesco.
For more information about Renaissance Festival of Rethymno 2012 please visit the following Official Website:
Download below the leaflet abount the Municipality of Rethymno Cultural Events 2012.
In Rethymno you can enjoy the breathtaking sight of an endless sandy beach that meets on one side the blue see and on the other the enchanting view of the city. For all the time Winter and summer! The beach of Rethymno is 12 km long, it starts from the historical city center and extends to the Eastern part of the isle reaching Scaleta. Rethymno beach has fine-grained brilliant light brown sand.
Where you can walk barefoot and feel how soft and beautiful it is. There's nothing more rejuvenating than kicking off your shoes to sink your toes into powdery-golden, squeaky-clean beach sand.
Sunset in Rethymno!
produced by Department of Tourism
MUNICIPALITY OF RETHYMNO
A year has passed since the brutal murder of innocents in Norway.
Rethymno remembers and honors the memory of innocent fellow citizens, victims of such an inconceivable violence.
- Cretan Diet Festival 01-07 July 2012
- Subscribe to our NewsLetter!
- Rethymnian history, culture and local products on Strasbourg from October 22nd-28th 2012
- Program of Renaissance Festival of Rethymno 2012
- Municipality of Rethymno Cultural Events 2012
- 21/08/12, Caretta caretta loggerhead sea turtle returned to her natural environment.
- A day on the sand beaches of Rethymno, Crete
- 23/07/12, Rethymno commemorates the innocent victims in Utoya and Oslo, Norway
- Athens Video Art Festival 2010
- Rethymno Summer 2010 Cultural Events
- Rethymno Wine Festival 2010
- 19/05/10, Visit of the Mayor of Strasbourg Mr. Roland Ries in Rethymno
- Cultural Events Calendar
- Visit Rethymno