Creativity is what binds together thousands of people for years on the biggest cultural event of modern Crete. This common passion is exactly what aids the start up of many established theatre groups, ateliers, hand-crafts, art venues e.t.c. here in Rethymno. Moreover, the happenings that are organized by the groups contribute to the vividness of the town for many years now.
Please check below for more information.
TripAdvisor, the world's largest travel site, announced the results of its 2015 Travellers' Choice Destinations Awards, honoring the top destinations in the world, Europe and Greece as decided by millions of travelers.
It's good news for Rethymno, which was named the Greece's seventh best destination.
The World Tourism Organization (UNWTO) is the United Nations agency responsible for the promotion of responsible, sustainable and universally accessible tourism and every year celebrates World Tourism Day on September 27.
Its main goal is to promote tourism as a driver of economic growth, inclusive development and environmental sustainability advancing economic development worldwide.
Wandering around the historical center and the villages near Rethymno is a unique experience. However, Rethymno from above is certainly a breathtaking experience. Enjoy the video which was created for the Municipality of Rethymno, by the Serbian production company SPECIALIS. (www.specialis.rs)
The Municipality of Rethymno, in the framework of actions promoting sport activities in the town, organized the second edition of the Rethymno Beach Running.
Local and tourists, amateurs and professional athletes were invited to take part to the 5 km race that took place on Sunday 14th July 2013 at 8.30 am along the beautiful sandy beach of the town.
The event was a chance for everyone to experience one of the most natural and healthy sport in the world, spending a joyful and active sunday morning on the beach.
The Municipality of Rethymno, in the framework of actions promoting sport activities in the town, organizes for the second year the Rethymno Beach Running.
Local and tourists, amateurs and professional athletes are invited to take part to the 5 km race taking place on Sunday 14th July 2013 at 8.30 am along the beautiful sandy beach of the town.
In Rethymno you can enjoy the breathtaking sight of an endless sandy beach that meets on one side the blue see and on the other the enchanting view of the city. For all the time Winter and summer! The beach of Rethymno is 12 km long, it starts from the historical city center and extends to the Eastern part of the isle reaching Scaleta. Rethymno beach has fine-grained brilliant light brown sand.
Where you can walk barefoot and feel how soft and beautiful it is. There's nothing more rejuvenating than kicking off your shoes to sink your toes into powdery-golden, squeaky-clean beach sand.
Sunset in Rethymno!
produced by Department of Tourism
MUNICIPALITY OF RETHYMNO
- Subscribe to our NewsLetter!
- “RETHYMNO CARNIVAL 2016” LIVE, ACT, CREATE!
- Spring Time in Rethymno
- 23/12/12, Multicultural Friendship Night Tuesday, 29th of December at the House of Culture
- Renaissance Festival of Rethymno 2015
- 02/10/15, Rethymno awarded with Choice Destination Award from TripAdvisor
- 24/09/15, World Tourism Day 2015
- Newsletter - Autumn in Rethymno
- Video: Rethymno from above
- Ancora una volta è iniziata a Rethymno la stagione della schiusa delle uova di tartaruga marina!
- Rethymno celebrates the very first hatchling of the endagered careta - careta sea turtle, in all Greece
- Renaissance Festival of Rethymno 2013
- 14th July 2013 - Rethymno Beach Running
- 14th July 2013 - Rethymno Beach Running, 5 Km of Run and Fun
- 03/06/13, Rethymno Energy Day - 07 June 2013